Friday, March 18, 2016

Meagan Good says people who have a problem with the way she dresses are "backward Christians"


So about a month ago Meagon Good and her husband Devon Franklin stopped by a church to promote their book The Wait. During the visit a lady in the audience called out Good for dressing provocatively while claiming to be a Christian and encouraging people to be celibate before marriage. Her husband came to her defense on that occasion telling the woman -"She is gonna wear what she wants to wear in the name of Jesus, amen."

Meagan did not really have the change to respond on that day but recently talked to ESSENCE about the incidence.

The crazy thing is how backwards some of us can be as Christians. Hubby and I are doing all we can to go out into the world with a God-given message in an area that many of us secretly struggle with, and some others have attempted to discredit a much needed cultural conversation and reduce it to a wardrobe choice… A choice that is and always will remain between me and God.”

"When my husband said that I’m going to ‘wear what I want to wear in the name of Jesus,’ he meant that it is between me and Jesus. While I don’t believe she had ill intent, I can’t believe God would tell someone to publicly humiliate another person. I believe if God told her to share something with me, He also would’ve given her the wisdom to do so and I don’t think her approach reflected that. But, nevertheless I have nothing but love for her. And for anyone who may disagree with me, I ask that they pray for me in love instead of slandering or attacking."

2 comments:

  1. They are truly backward. Loool

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is going to be judged soon. Where will you be standing at the end with all this man made philosophy?

    ReplyDelete