Monday, November 9, 2015

Gabourey Sidibe slams body shamers after sexy scene on Empire


So on the last episode of the Hit show Empire, actress Gabourey Sidibe who plays Becky Williams had a sexy scene with her new love interest MC J Poppa - played by actor Mo McRae.

Ever since the episode aired, some rolls have been body shaming the 32-year-old because of her weight. Some of the comments are boarder line gross and offensive saying things like - 'yuck' and producers went too far showing her in a love scene. So a big woman cannot have sex on TV and gay people can???

Gabourey responded to haters in a blog for Entertainment Weekly saying:
'I, a plus sized, dark-skinned woman, had a love scene on primetime television. I had the most fun ever filming that scene even though I was nervous. But I felt sexy and beautiful and I felt like I was
doing a good job. I’m very proud of the work we all did to make that scene a great opening for the episode. I keep hearing that people are “hating” on it. I’m not sure how anyone could hate on love but that’s okay. You may have your memes.' She added: 'Honestly, I’m at work too busy to check Twitter anyway. #Booked. Hope you enjoy next week’s show!'

No comments:

Post a Comment